Taking Care of Oily / Acne-Prone Skin
Loading up on too many oil and shine fighters can strip skin of moisture. Here’s how to create balance and a clearer complexion.
- To unclog pores, wash your face morning and night with a cleanser containing salicylic acid, try EILEEN MAI® Salicylic Cleansing Gel. Avoid washcloths – they rupture pimples. Leave cleanser on for a minute; rinse with lukewarm water.
- At night, pat a thin layer of 2 percent salicylic on breakouts and surrounding skin, try EILEEN MAI®Salicylic Masque and Spot Treatment. Make sure you do this when skin is dry to prevent irritation.
- You may be tempted to skip moisturizer, but even oily skin needs hydration. Try a lightweight, oil-free lotion-type like EILEEN MAI® Silky Seaweed Hydrator
- Once a week, apply a masque containing 2 percent salicylic acid or sulfur to help unclog pores. We like EILEEN MAI®Sulfur Skin Clear Masque.
- Do not exfoliate too often, which can be irritating. For non-sensitive skin, try using a weekly at-home peel with glycolic acid, such as EILEEN MAI®Pumpkin Enzyme Peel (just not on the same day that you use a masque).